How to Only Send System Messages to the FastFax Administrator
I’m the Administrator of our FastFax system and I find it helpful to receive the system messages that FastFax sends to my message queue. However, in order to get those messages I also seem to have to receive a lot of additional messages that I’d rather not get in my queue. I have the “Default Message Type” set to *ERR. Is there any way to set FastFax to send me only the system messages?
The latest version of FastFax has a feature that’s going to do exactly what you want it to do.
- Go through the FastFax Main Menu (FFXMAIN).
- Select Option #1 for the System/Environment Defaults.
- Place a 2 (Change) on the iSeries 400 Environment.
- Look for the section on sending messages to an administrator. Notice that there’s a new choice for the Default message type: *SYS. By selecting *SYS you’ll now only receive system messages.
Here’s how the end result looks on the IBM i (iSeries):
If you have FastFax PC client licenses and administer FastFax via the FaxBar, then follow these instructions:
- Open the FaxBar and select the FastFax Administration icon.
- Select the Environments under Config at the left, then select the iSeries 400 environment.
- You’ll find a button to select SYS under Send Message to Administrator.
- After making this selection select the Apply button.
Here’s the same feature on the PC client: