Five Reasons Why Business Intelligence Should be a Modernization Priority
Modernizing your reporting processes by replacing legacy tools like Query/400 with web-based reports should be a high priority for IBM i organizations. Here are five reasons why:
- Better decisions: By the time most users receive printed reports from spool files, the data is outdated. Business intelligence empowers users to make better decisions by giving them real-time data when they need it.
- Visual data: Upper management benefits from charts and dashboards because they see the big picture and can drill down into the details.
- IT saves time: Most IBM i programmers spend too much time writing and rewriting queries to get data into the hands of end users and decision makers.
- Mobile access: Instead of analyzing printed reports, users can access web reports from any of their devices, anywhere they are, at any time.
- Quick results: Business intelligence is a low-risk initiative that gives you quick results and requires a smaller investment compared to other modernization projects.
Duncan Kenzie is the Chief Knowledge Officer of BCD and Quadrant Software.
Click here to learn about Business i™, Quadrant Software's business intelligence solution for IBM i.