Service Pack 3 for QuadraDocV is Available Now
We are pleased to announce that the QuadraDocV Service Pack 3 is available now. The latest release provides several functionality enhancements, of particular interest are the new archiving / data replication feature, the ability to process HTM files and tighter integration with SAP. Read below for details on the release:
Enabled the FastFax/LAN registry key, BackupUploadEnvironmentNumber, which allows converted fax jobs to be backed up to another environment.
Normally when a fax or email gets created through QDV, it is stored only on the environment on which it is created on. For example, if you have 3 System i’s where you are creating faxes, the fax itself will normally ONLY be stored on the System i where the fax originated from. With a quick call to tech support this feature allows you to specify “another” location where the fax can be stored, so in the event that the originating system fails, there will be a backup copy of the fax data on another environment as well. This is an archiving/data replication feature that was added.
Added functionality to permit MS Word to process HTM files.
Added support for faxing .HTM files. There is no user configuration required to take advantage of this new feature. This change makes sending .HTM files more reliable by utilizing the tried and true technology behind Microsoft’s Office suite.
Added functionality to process single-part EMLs from SAP.
This enhancement enables processing of single-part email messages through QuadraConnector. This change was driven by demand from SAP users exchange email traffic through QDV. There is no user configuration required to take advantage of this new feature.
Added functionality to reset fax channels after each fax.
This change resets the communications Dialogic SR140 channel in QDV after every fax, creating better reliability under heavy workloads. There is no user configuration required to take advantage of this new feature.
Expanded web browser functionality to support fax composition for all QDV configurations
Outbound faxes can now be created directly from the browser without requiring developer modules. In order to facilitate outbound faxing with the recently added browser interface, this functionality was enabled for all QDV installations. There is no user configuration required to take advantage of this new feature beyond the installation and operation of the web server functionality available on all QDV installations.
Several other features included in the service pack includes:
- Remote Desktop getting disabled by default; this only impacts new customer installations – existing remote desktop settings will not be altered.
- Duplicate emails are sometimes being delivered to the Domino servers. There is no user configuration required to take advantage of this change.
- Resolved issue with setting the IP address on Windows 2012. There is no user configuration required to take advantage of this new feature.
In addition to the features above, Service Pack 3 contains the cumulative updates included in previous service packs:
Modified in SP2:
- MS Word and Excel were getting NO_REPSONSE_TO_BLICE errors on Windows 7 processors.
- Resolved Imager path issue.
Modified in SP1:
- Issue when covernotes are 30 rows by 80 wide the notes are put on a separate attachment.
- Issue where covernotes are empty for Exchange emails.
- Notify replies are not sent for emails sent from Exchange.
- Resolved Utility issue with retrieving the FFXPATH information.
- TSI from SR140s taking up 2 lines.
- A DSN email fails to send for a failed email to fax (if email has no attachments and the FFXGatewayProduct key is set to 1).
- PDF files coming from HP All-in-one machines not properly being handled.
- Issue when an email was sent from the email server and there was no attachment.
- Remote phonebook search was not behaving correctly.
- # and * are valid dialing characters, are not stripped from the dial string.
- Resolved incorrect TSI issue when fax has no TSI.
- Ensure you're logged onto the processor as FFXSYS before running the Service Pack.
- This should only be run on a Processor with a SR140 or TR1034 fax card. TR114 and Zoom fax cards are not supported.
- Run this service pack by right mouse clicking on QDV-SP3.exe, and selecting "Run as Administrator".
- The SP3 log can be found in \fastfax\ffxlogs (or in \fastfax\ if the processor is not configured)
- If you're unsure if SP3 has been installed, you can just install anyway; SP3 can be run multiple times.